NS Ladder Competition
Next Ladder: NS XVI
"Contesting On The Edge"
January 4, 2013 thru February 22, 2013
For Complete Schedule, see Next NS
- January 4, 2013 thru February 22, 2013
- 8 Sessions
- Thursday evenings NA time -- Friday morning UTC time
- 0230-0300 UTC
- 1830 Pacific; 1930 Mountain; 2030 Central; 2130 Eastern
- 30:00 Minutes Exactly (Note: Because of short event, precise timing is essential! Synchronize start to WWV).
- For complete schedule, see Next NS
- Power 100 watts or less
- Bands: 160, 80, 40, and 20M
- 40 KHz up from band edge or 1812 - 1817 kHz.
- Exchange: serial #, name, state/province
- Work stations once per band -- i.e., no same-band duplicate QSOs
- Sprint Format: (a) mults per band, (b) 1 KHz QSY rule
- Additional notes at http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html
1) Strictly observe the time limits . . see
http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html paragraph "Time".
2) After 2nd Q of couplet, please leave a pause for the cq'ing
station to ask for fills.
3) QSY Rule. . After a CQ, we encourage stations to QSY more than the 1KHz minimum required by the rules so as to avoid bunching around the center frequencies.
4) Five weeks of significant participation makes you eligible for W0YK wine drawing (KE3X, Awards Manager)
- Post to the 3830 reflector via the 3830
submittal web page
- Submit by Sunday night following contest.
- Your comments on the 3830 forms are very helpful and informative and are carefully read by many regulars.
- No week-to-week submission of
- Logs must be made available at the request of the
Bottles of CA Pinot Noir wine from the famous W0YK vineyard awarded [alternate prizes for those <21] by a weighted random drawing. Thus from an awards standpoint, no SO1R "penalty" in this contest. Note: our downloadable score base, available weekly and flagged for SO2R use, allow a participant to generate personalized rankings by selectable criteria. Minimum 5 weeks required for awards. Additional entries in drawing table for 1st, 2nd place scores in division and for perfect 8-wk participation. Divisions . . see map at http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
- Atlantic (W1-3 , VA, NC, SC, GA, FL; Carib, VE1, VE2, Maritime provinces
- E. Central (W8, W9, KY TN, AL, MS; VE3)
- W. Central (W0 except CO) W5 in OK, TX, AR, LA; VE4, 5, Nunavut, XE
- West (All W7; KL7; W0 in CO; W5 in NM; KH6, W6, non-NCCC; VE6,7
- NCCC member in CA/NV
- Division Map below:
- See links to specific logging programs under
Software in the navigation menu on the left side of this, and all,
NCCC NS Ladder Competition Director Bill, N6ZFO.